index_06 Mass times

4:00 P.M.

9:30 A.M.

Consult weekly calendar for Daily Eucharist schedule.
The history continues . . .
The Reverend Louis E. Douglass was assigned Pastor in November 1973 by the Most Reverend Edwin B. Broderick, Bishop of Albany. When Father Douglass, was named Campus Minister at SUNY Oneonta on July 1, 1980, Father Schmitt was appointed Administrator and subsequently became Pastor.

Over the years, St. Clares has had the dedicated services of four orders of Sisters: Sisters of Mercy, Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, Sisters of St. Joseph and Franciscan Sisters of St. Joseph (Mill Hill Sisters).

From the beginning in 1939, St. Clares Parish has constantly grown, it currently, has over 2100 families. Ground was broken for a new church on November 1, 1981, which was completed in September 1982.

The first Assistant Pastor, Reverend Joseph J. Chmielewski was assigned in 1954. He was followed in succeeding years by Reverends Thomas DiPace, Charles Morahan, Joseph Girzone, Edmund P. Cox, Charles Baniak, John Masci, R Michael Cronin, Peter K. Simpson, John L. Moyna, William A. Gorman, George S. Worgul, Robert T. Reed, Gary Paul Gelfenbien, Peter J. Sullivan, Michael T. Schmitt, Thomas Chevalier, Timothy De Traglia and John Lysogorski.

Our Parish Life Director, Nancy Volks devotes personal attention to the needs of the faith community and assisted by our staff and members of the parish in more than 40 ministries and service programs.

  back to the beginning
   Latest events                    Click for full screen view
Connect with us  emailFacebook

Main No:
Rel Ed:


1947 Central Avenue Albany, NY 12205