index_06 Mass times

Saturday:
4:00 P.M.

Sunday:
8:30 A.M. and 10:30 A.M.

Consult weekly calendar for Daily Eucharist schedule.
Our history
1930 to Present . . . .
In year 1930, the Most Reverend Edmund F. Gibbons, Bishop of Albany Catholic Diocese, directed Msgr. Keane of St. Paul the Apostle Church, to purchase the land now occupied by The Church of St. Clare and Rectory.

During the same year, Reverend Jeremiah J. Morley succeeded Msgr. Keane as Pastor of St. Pauls. He established the Mission of St. Pauls, now St. Clares, in 1931. The original mission church was completed in 1932.

In 1939, because of the tremendous increase in population in that area, St. Clares was made a parish by Bishop Gibbons and Reverend John E. Place was appointed its first Pastor. In 1942, the old rectory, located on Central Avenue and Poplar Street, was purchased. A new rectory was built on Reber Street in 1954.

On Sunday, October 30, 1954, the parish was saddened by the death of Father Place as he was preparing to say Mass.

The Reverend Francis X. Ryan was appointed Pastor on November 19, 1955, by the Most Reverend William A. Scully, Bishop of Albany. During his pastorate, St. Clares Church and School was constructed in 1958 and a Convent in 1960. The honor of Domestic Prelate was conferred on Msgr. Ryan in 1963 by Pope Paul VI, he subsequently retired as Pastor in October 1973.

  read more
   Latest events                    Click for full screen view
Connect with us  emailFacebook
Address:

Main No:
Rel Ed:
Fax:

Email:
1947 Central Avenue Albany, NY 12205
518-456-3112
518-456-3113
518-456-1072


rstclare@nycap.rr.com